In the earlier years of online marketing, the company with the biggest Pay Per Click (PPC) budget would always win, but as search engines have grown and evolved, so have the ways that smaller businesses can compete. As a long term strategy, focusing on organic search engine optimization is an outstanding way to avoid breaking the bank while competing with large companies online.
Let’s explore the benefits of organic SEO and how it can help you build a stronger online presence and drive more traffic to your site, landing page, promotion or other campaign.
What is organic SEO?
Organic SEO refers to the process of optimizing your website and content to improve your ranking in search engines. Unlike PPC advertising, which relies on paid placement to generate traffic, organic SEO focuses on creating high-quality, informative content that organically resonates with your target audience. By optimizing your website’s content and structure to align with the search engine’s goals, you can improve your website’s relevance and authority in the eyes of the search engine and earn a higher ranking in the organic search results.
Why is organic SEO better than PPC ads?
- Cost-effectiveness – One of the biggest advantages of organic SEO is that it is more cost-effective than PPC ads in the long run. While PPC ads can generate traffic quickly, they require ongoing investment to maintain their effectiveness. This means that small businesses with limited marketing budgets may find it difficult to sustain a successful PPC campaign over time. On the other hand, organic SEO is a long-term investment that can provide ongoing benefits for your business. While it may take longer to see results from organic SEO, the benefits can continue to accrue over time, generating more traffic and leads without requiring additional investment.
- Sustainability – Another advantage of organic SEO is that it is more sustainable than PPC ads in the long-term. As search engines continue to evolve and refine their algorithms, it’s becoming increasingly important for businesses to focus on creating high-quality, user-friendly content that aligns with the search engine’s goals. By prioritizing organic SEO, you can ensure that your website is optimized for the long-term and will continue to rank well in the search results, even as search engine algorithms change.
- Brand recognition – Organic SEO is also a more effective way to build brand recognition and establish a strong online presence. By creating high-quality, informative content that resonates with your target audience, you can position your business as a trusted authority in your industry and attract more traffic to your website over time. PPC ads, on the other hand, are often more transactional in nature and may not do as much to build your brand identity. While they can generate clicks and conversions, they may not create the same level of engagement and loyalty that organic SEO can provide.
- Higher click-through rates – Studies have shown that users are more likely to click on organic search results than on PPC ads. This is because users tend to trust organic results more than paid ads, and are more likely to click on a result that they perceive as being more relevant and authoritative.
- Better ROI – Finally, organic SEO provides a higher return on investment (ROI) than PPC ads in the long run. While it may take longer to see results from organic SEO, the ongoing benefits can ultimately result in a higher ROI than PPC ads. This is because organic SEO focuses on creating high-quality, evergreen content that continues to attract traffic and generate leads over time, whereas PPC ads require ongoing investment to maintain their effectiveness. While PPC ads can have some effectiveness, the long-term and cost-efficient advantages of organic SEO, as well as the trust factor from consumers, means that organic SEO should always remain a business’s main focus.
How can Venture Rich help?
We provide a suite of expert marketing tools that include optimizing your website for the highest possible organic SEO results as well as providing blog posts, articles, and other evergreen content that is relevant to your audience, that will resonate with readers, and organically increase your search engine rankings for a fraction of the cost of PPC advertising. Get a quote today!